Here are some interesting online marketing facts for you:
- Over 70% of B2B marketers confirm that video is more effective than text for brand building.
- A study done a few years ago reported that social video outreach generated 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- Business Insider reports that more than 500 million hours of video are watched on YouTube every day.
- Cisco predicts that by 2020 more than 80% of all consumer Internet traffic will be online video.
- Digital Information World says that including a video in email marketing can increase click-through rates by 200–300% (we’ll see if that’s true!).
Based on this, it’s no surprise that I’ve been moving a lot of my messaging to video.
And while I’m not going to stop writing books or blog posts, I have started producing weekly “Marketing Minutes,” simple 60-second brand building videos where I point out all the marketing lessons hidden in plain sight. I post these short videos on all my social media channels, including Facebook, Linked In, Instagram, and Twitter.
But most importantly, I’ve created a brand-new speaking video to show my clients and existing clients what I’ve been working on.
I would love it if you would watch the video, and let me know what you think. And I would truly appreciate it if you would send it to everyone you think should see it.
If everything I’ve read about video marketing is true, 2019 should be a very exciting year indeed. I’m working hard to be a part of that excitement. I hope you are, too.